Monday, June 05, 2006

it's clean!

count your blessings, one by one.

today, i went to do my laundry. so i loaded the washing machine, put in my washing powder as i hummed away as usual. when i put in my first dollar, ol' faithful decided to choke on it. so the dollar coin was stuck in the slot and it seemed physically impossible to put it through. the coin was right at the mouth of the slot and it seemed like the slot was a tad too narrow for my lil coin!

but hey, i'm a healthy young bloke, and that should do the trick right? wrong! i used my utmost strength to try smacking it in. punched it, kicked it, licked it, done it all. or did i?

desperately, i smashed the "use only in case of emergency" glass. i guess it was something that i should have used from the start, but for my pride.

i prayed. oh Lord, please give me the strength and wisdom to make the coin go in so that my clothes can get cleaned, then i'll be able to wear them, so i'll smell good (hopefully) and then go out there and glorify Your name, i prayed to the Lord Jesus Christ. so, i prayed.

as with all miracles that my Lord has done, this was no exception! i didn't feel any supernormal strength running through me. i didn't feel any brainier to figure that it was somehow possible to fit it in. theoretically at least. i didn't have numbers and formulae running through my little mind, formulating the amount of force i needed to apply at x angle to get the dollar in.

but what i did have was faith that with God, all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

i gave it my strongest nudge and the fella dropped right through like it was his life purpose to do so! Hallelujah! my clothes are being done as i speak. oh, and i put in my other 2 dollar coins and no problemo! so i figured that maybe the first one was the effect of bad quality control, or just a really good fake coin. hehe.

either way, i believe that God

1)has, contrary to belief, a really sweet sense of humour. now that i think of it, i can kinda imagine how He was laughing at me trying to put it in with my own strength.

2)was playing with me in a way. this morning's sermon was about reasoning and intercessory prayer. maybe i should have prayed on behalf of the coin. hmm.. oh yeah, at the same time that through faith, all things were and are possible with Him.

3)can even put a square block through a circular hole. oh yeah, i'm that positive.

i know that this may seem pretty minor. small as it seems, i am very very sure and convinced that many things, much bigger are possible. "a dollar coin through a hole that is lil smaller than it is? big deal." my friend, it was a big deal. and it is a big deal. i'm not the best with words. but trust me on this: The Lord Jesus Christ is real. it is fitting that today is the day of pentecost, the day of Christ's ascension. this day, 2000 years ago, when the Holy Spirit came down upon us. 2000 years on, and He's still waiting for you to let him in to be your saviour. don't get me wrong. i'm not brainwashing you here. if i were, i'd walk right in your face with a pendulum and try to hypnotise you as i do so. this is my experience, and would like to share the joy that i have found. notice, i said joy. primarily not because my coins went in and i get fresh clothes, but because He lives. i say, accept it if you are willing. it's a total change, that i know.


this is my word, my testimony. The Lord, Jesus Christ, lives. i'm just 17, not even legal, but take it from me, that the last sentence is true. He lives.


friends, i ask you, what can your god do that mine can't?



i've got clean clothes to fit my re-cleaned soul. fitting indeed.

No comments: